October 23, 2010

Here's to Making a Way- Jed Appelrouth

Jed Appelrouth


Every Saturday for two hours, my daughter has tutoring to prepare for the SAT.  Sometimes I wait in the next room while they finish, and sometimes I take off somewhere.   Well today, I sat inside and as I was sitting (and  blogging) I noticed all these wonderful art pieces hanging on the walls.  It was inside of a classroom, so I figured it must have been done by students and went about my business.

Well, once my daughter was done, her tutor proceeds to explain to me that all of the artwork in the building was done by the company's founder, Jed Appelrouth.  He is an artist that started a tutoring company and that was how he funded his art career.  How cool is that?  Who says you can't be good at more than one thing?

 Kudos to Mr. Appelrouth for making a way.  An artist who doubles as a businessman.  Or is it the other way around?  Well, stories like this are my inspiration.  I will also be making a way because I refuse to fail as a photographer.  Life often has a way of making you think you must choose between what you have to do and what you want to do.  Sometimes, they are the same thing, but when they are not, THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY...



No comments:

Post a Comment