November 15, 2010

Fill flash (or something like that)

Ok, just got back from shooting my fill flash assignment.  The directions were to shoot a person using ambient light and use your flash in some way to make the image better.  You can use it on camera- hand held, on a tripod, etc.  You can bounce it, use the reflector card, or shoot directly on.  You can use it on auto or manual. 

After several tries, I came up with something I am ok with.  Still a lot of editing to do, but the basics are there I think.  I studied the strobe chapter in the textbook to get some tips and I tried to watch others do it.  But I think this is one of those things that come with practice.  Also, I found today that LightStalking posted a nice list of starter equipment for flash photography.  Right on time, guys!

The room was lit with overhead fluorescent lighting.  I bounced the flash off a brownish colored wall to the left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment